last updated May 2018
This Statement is made by us in light of the requirements of the The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and our responsibilities to you as your “Data Controller”.
For more information about who we are, visit About Us.
Please read this page carefully. If you do not agree with the contents of this Statement, do not submit any Personal Data to us.
Any reference to “Personal Data” shall mean any personal information (including sensitive personal data) that is capable of identifying you. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number or e-mail address and email communications sent to Burmatex.
Any reference to “Website” shall be a reference to the website provided by us which is https://www.burmatex.co.uk.
By accessing this Website, you shall be regarded as having had sufficient notice of the contents of this Statement. Your use of this Website and your submission of any Personal Data to us, shall constitute your consent to allow us to process your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Statement.
If you have submitted your Personal Data, and later decide that you would like us to discontinue processing your Personal Data, you can choose to “opt-out”.
To opt-out, please send an electronic mail headed “OPT-OUT” to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the processing activities you would like us to refrain from. Upon receipt of a written opt-out, we shall discontinue processing your Personal Data as requested.
We have notified/registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner, our intention to process your Personal Data in accordance with The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Details of our notification/registration, are available for inspection at the website http://www.dpr.gov.uk, the respective registration number being Z6035497.
Information which may be collected
Personal Data may be requested by us, or voluntarily forwarded by you through one of several electronic mail hypertext links or contact forms, present in the body of this Website.
Sensitive personal data
We shall not request, collect or process any Personal Data of a sensitive nature from you, without first obtaining your express written consent.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law and where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving Burmatex, Otherwise, we keep your personal information:
- for as long as needed to provide you with access to services you have requested;
- where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as necessary to allow us to respond your question or request.
In order that we can monitor and improve this Website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser, version, and the web site that you visited prior to our site. We may do this by way of a “cookie”.
A cookie is an element of data that our Website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
We also recommend to visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance and better understanding of cookies.
Cookies we use on this website:
- Google analytic cookies __utm* – gathers information about visitor behaviour on our website, we do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy
- Language – used for tracking preferred multilingual language
- Sample orders – we use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you and what you’ve put in the sample order basket. These we deem strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken
- Third party cookies – these are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Pinterest. You should be aware that this site is likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie.
Any disablement of the cookies function may hinder some of the Website functionality, for which we shall not be responsible.
Use of personal data
The Personal Data collected by us from you, may be utilised by us to:
- process your orders and payments.
- fulfil your order and administer your account.
- pass information about you to our agents and employees to carry out services for us.
- notify you about enhancements to our services such as: functionality changes to the website, new services and special features, and offers or competitions we think you will find interesting.
- market our products and services and those of any third parties.
- contact you by mail, telephone, email, text message, or any other reasonable method.
Disclosure and use of your personal data by third parties
We will only disclose your Personal Data to carefully selected third parties and organisations for marketing purpose, if you have opted-in to allow us to do so.
We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you for the purpose of providing services you have asked for, or as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
We may also disclose information to legal and debt recovery representatives for debt collection and debt tracing purposes.
We may also disclose Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith and belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our the rights or property;
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of other users of the Website or the public.
Sometimes we may need to transfer your Personal Data to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom. If we do need to make such a transfer, then we shall put a contract in place so as to ensure that the Personal Data is adequately protected.
We always takes appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal Data we holds from unauthorised access or improper use.
We operate a strict internal security policy with which our employees must comply as a condition of their employment with us.
Any enquiries regarding this policy must be directed in writing for the attention of our Data Protection Compliance Officer.
Under the The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to request details of your Personal Data held or processed by us.